Dental implants are one of the most sought after dental procedures. Dental implant technology goes beyond traditional tooth replacement options and provides a natural looking and functioning restoration. They are considered to be the highest quality dental prosthetic available.
Are you interested in getting dental implants to replace one or more missing or decayed teeth? Here’s how to find the best dental implant dentist in Bardonia, New York.
Qualities to Look For in a Dental Implant Dentist
Dental implants have a 98% success rate in most cases. A key factor in that success is the expertise and experience of the dentist placing your dental implants. Here are the most important criteria to consider when choosing a dental implant dentist.
- Education. The first step in becoming a dentist is education. Dentists must complete an undergraduate bachelor’s degree, then earn a doctor of medicine in dentistry or doctor of dental surgery. To become a periodontist or other specialization, an additional 2-3 years of education and training must be completed. Make sure that any dentist or periodontist you are considering for your dental implant placement has completed the necessary educational requirements.
- Licensure. In addition to education, a dentist must be licensed to practice dentistry in the state where the practice is located. You can ask for proof of licensure or search an online database for your state to confirm licensure for any particular dentist.
- Dental implant training. Most dentists receive training on dental implant placement, but it is always best to be sure. Ask any dentist you are considering if they have completed the necessary training to perform dental implant surgery. Periodontists specialize in procedures affecting the support structures for the teeth, including the jaw, and may be more qualified and have more experience performing dental implant placement.
- Years of experience. The more experience a dentist has with dental implant placement, the more likely they are to provide you with an accurately and precisely placed dental implant. The chances of a successful outcome are increased when the dentist performing your dental implant surgery has extensive experience with the procedure.
- Technology. Dental technology, such as guided implant placement, assists dentists in placing dental implants at the correct angle and depth for optimal success. Ask the dentist what type of technology they use in dental implant surgery to increase the chances of a successful outcome.
- Professional affiliations. Look for a dentist who has affiliations and memberships with professional associations. What this means is that they are keeping up to date with current technology and best practices in their field. It shows a greater awareness of the professional dental community.
- Atmosphere. Visit the practice so that you can get a feel for the atmosphere of the dental office. Does it feel warm and inviting? Is it clean and modern? How does the atmosphere make you feel? Ask yourself these questions and more to determine if the practice you’re considering will be right for you.
- Attitude. Consider the attitude of the staff from the moment you walk in and throughout your entire experience in the dental office. Is everyone kind and friendly? Do you feel that the dentist and dental team will provide compassionate and professional care? Are your feelings and concerns considered and taken seriously? Were all of your questions answered? These are just a few of the things that contribute to the overall attitude of the practice.
Hudson Valley Periodontics & Implantology Meets Your Criteria
If you’re looking for a dental implant dentist, Hudson Valley Periodontics & Implantology meets all of the above criteria and more. Our doctors are highly qualified and experienced in dental implant placement. We use guided placement technology to ensure that your dental implant succeeds and lasts for the rest of your life. We welcome any questions you may have and look forward to having you as a patient.