Cost can be an important factor in considering your options for tooth replacement. If you’re thinking about dental implants, one thing to keep in mind is their longevity and how they can impact your oral health over the long run. Here’s a closer look at what you can expect to pay for dental implants in Bardonia and why they’re so popular.
The Average Cost for Dental Implants
On average, the cost for a single dental implant in Bardonia may range from $3,000 to $4,500. The best way to know your costs for sure is to schedule a consultation with a specialist. Factors that can affect the price may include:
- Your insurance – While some insurance companies are beginning to cover some of the costs of dental implants, coverage can vary widely. Your insurance provider can help you understand your benefits. Also, our services at Hudson Valley Periodontics & Implantology include CareCredit® to help you pay for procedures your insurance doesn’t cover.
- The number of implants needed – Dental implants are priced on a per-tooth basis. If a series of consecutive teeth are missing, you may consider having a bridge supported by dental implants as a possible option.
- Additional services – Some patients may need additional services such as bone grafting before their dental implant procedure. This is done to build up the jawbone so it can support the implant.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an investment in your health that can offer many benefits over other tooth replacement options. A key advantage is that a dental implant actually replaces the root of your missing tooth with a titanium post.
After the post bonds with your jawbone, a crown is placed on top of it to look and function like your natural tooth. This is different from other options such as bridges or dentures, which do not provide treatment below the gum line.
Benefits of dental implants may include:
- Preserving bone density – Replacing the tooth root with a dental implant stimulates your body to continue maintaining bone mass, which can help support better overall oral health and appearance.
- Less pressure on surrounding teeth – Unlike some other options, dental implants do not rely on surrounding teeth for support. This makes implants better for the health of your existing teeth and gums.
- Natural appearance and function – Because a dental implant is anchored into the jawbone, it looks and functions like a real tooth to provide a stable, natural look and feel.
- Longevity – Dental implants are meant to last a lifetime. This is different from other options, which often require additional maintenance costs.
Are Dental Implants Worth It?
Dental implants are considered the gold standard of tooth replacement and are worth it to maintain the health, appearance, and functioning of your teeth. Even though they generally cost more upfront than other options, they usually involve less costs later on.
Learn More About Dental Implants in Bardonia
If you want to learn more about dental implants, call Hudson Valley Periodontics & Implantology at 845-623-6666. Our professional staff is here to help you understand your options and make the best decision about your dental health.