Did you know dental floss plays a critical role in positive oral health? Flossing is the best way to clean between your teeth and deep along the gumline. If you let plaque build up in these hard-to-reach places, you can make your teeth susceptible to cavities and gum disease. Our dentists, Drs. Tucker and Csillag with Hudson Valley Periodontics and Implantology in Bardonia, New York, encourage you to floss each day. To help you understand more about the importance of dental floss, we have provided some tips and details about dental floss that may help you.
The details about dental floss include:
– Try to floss every day for a period of at least two minutes. During this time make sure to floss between every tooth.
– Speak with your dentist about what types of floss you should use.
– Waxed, unwaxed, shred resistant and water flossers are all distinct types of floss that can help clean between your teeth.
– Gently floss between teeth with a slow and steady motion, so that they do not cut your gums.
– For additional help with cleaning between your teeth, it may be in your best interest to switch to an easier to operate tool such as a water flosser.
– Never try to floss your teeth with the same section of a flosser. This is because it can re-contaminate your mouth.
– Use a new strand of floss for each new day.
Flossing has a lot to offer your smile and your overall oral health. If you continue to floss each day, then your smile will be thankful for lowering the risk of cavities and gum disease. If you have questions about your oral health, please call 845-623-6666 today and make an appointment. We are always happy to aid your smile.